Not in this life

When I look upon my life
I see nothing but suffering
The bits of joy that I can recall
Are not strong enough
To maintain me

I think very deeply about my past
At the time that I ignore my present
And I dream another life

Maybe the only thing that keep me alive
Is my cat and the way she meoaws,
she pronuonce my name
"Amiau"
And for a lot of people
That may be very pathetic
I don´t mind
I understand them
How in the world a simple cat
Can hold this raw power
Of maintaining a human life with a meow

Desire may be
My biggest escape rope

I´m not quite qualified to understand it
At i´ts best
But I feel it
I really, really feel it

Desire, in every aspect
Is my core driver

When did it happened?
How did it happened?
Why it started?
Who started it?

I'm thinking of my younger years
When as a little, innocent kid
Someone stole something from me
I thought it was a game
Like turning your back
And expecting something magical or a surprise
Like when someone steals your nose
and is nothing but their thumb;
Not having any
And instead
Having a sense of fear and sadness
Is what defined the rest of my existence

I'm lonely, but with my cat
She`s 23
She likes to meow my name
And maybe, when she dies
I will too

Comentarios

Entradas populares